Simon Gilson and Rhiannon Daniels
- Alison Cornish, Vernacular Translation in Dante’s Italy: Illiterate Literature (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010).
- Rhiannon Daniels, Boccaccio and the Book: Production and Reading in Italy 1340-1520 (Oxford: Legenda, 2009).
- ________. ‘Materiality and Marginalia in Renaissance Editions of the Decameron’, in Caro Vitto: Essays in Memory of Vittore Branca, ed. by Jill Kraye and Laura Lepschy, Special Supplement 2, The Italianist, 27 (2007), pp. 86-100.
- Simon Gilson, Dante and Renaissance Florence (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005).
- ________. ‘La divinità di Dante: The Problematics of Dante’s Critical Reception’, Critica del Testo 14:1 (2011), pp. 581–604.
- James Hankins, ‘Humanism in the Vernacular’, in Humanism and Creativity in the Renaissance. Essays in Honor of Ronald G. Witt, ed. by Christopher S. Celenza and Kenneth Gouwens (Leiden – Boston: Brill, 2006): 11-29.
The materials in this bibliography correspond to the reading lists set for the “Reading Publics” workshop held at the University of Warwick in July 2012. Unless otherwise indicated, the bibliographies were put together by the workshop’s organizers: Prof. Simon Gilson, Dr.David Lines and Dr. Maude Vanhaelen and adapted for the blog by Bryan Brazeau.